Looking for a career working collaboratively with interesting and engaged people on leading edge technologies? Critical Systems Labs Inc., in Vancouver, Canada has several openings.
Systems/Software Engineer with Cyber Security and Project Management Experience
We are currently seeking an individual with Project Management experience who sees the connections between safety and security to contribute to system level cyber security assessments in the context of safety-critical systems in a variety of industry sectors. We are looking for strong critical thinking and problem solving skills, and the ability to think at the system level. Broadly based knowledge of security design and security architecture in the context of safety critical systems is essential in this role. The role will involve security risk assessments on large distributed computing systems and platforms, or safety-critical industrial control systems. You will be required to identify vulnerabilities of large computing platforms as well as identify threats from technical, physical, personnel and procedural sources. The ability to interact effectively with engineers, managers, and other stakeholders representing a variety of engineering disciplines and other interests is essential in this role. Occasional domestic and international travel will be required.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science; graduate degree preferred or equivalent experience
- Project Management experience
- Specialization in cyber security
- Background in real-time embedded systems and systems/software engineering
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills and experience producing high quality technical documents/reports
- Ability to think, learn and self manage
- Ability to be relocate to Vancouver, Canada
- Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or eligibility to apply for residency
Specific experience in at least 3 of the following areas of CSL expertise:
- System specification, design and development lifecycle for large software-intensive systems
- Network security
- NIST Cybersecurity Framework
- Security standards such as ISO 27000, NERC CIP, RTCA DO-326A/355/356, NIST SP 800-30 Revision 4, ITSG-33 (2012), SAE J3061
- Professional experience with cyber security through assessment, addressing system vulnerabilities or monitoring incidents
- Experience in identifying how security threats could impact safety
- Demonstrated ability to perform a security risk assessment
Please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading “Application – Systems Engineer/Cyber/PM”. Applicants are invited to submit evidence of written communication skills (e.g., a technical report authored by the applicant).