The Communications and Electronics Association
The Communications and Electronics Association is alive and well. Over the past two years several individuals have been working diligently to update and expand the mission and goals of the Association. One of the main objectives is to ensure that the Association is addressing the needs of all of our C&E community including our serving members both Regular and Reserve, our retired members and their families and our industry partners. To this end the following is a short summary of who the Association is and what constitutes the main activities.
Who Are We?
The Communications and Electronics (C&E) Association is an emerging and dynamic organization that traces its roots to the former C&E Association. This is a professional association that aims to deliver on our common objectives of enhancing our professional development, supporting our members, preserving, educating and celebrating our heritage and staying connected.
The mission of the C&E Association is to enhance the effectiveness of Canada’s military communications and electronics and the morale and welfare of its members.
Objectives of the Association are:
- Nurture and facilitate the well-being of all C&E military personnel and their families;
- Preserve, educate and celebrate the heritage and traditions of the C&E community in conjunction with the Military Communications and Electronics Museum; and
- Connect with and promote a close association with all members of our C&E military community including our extended military C&E community of veterans, families and industry partners.
All former and serving members (Regular Force and Primary Reserve) of the C&E Branch and its founding elements are automatically members of the C&E Association, as well as their families, existing C&E associations and groups and friends of the C&E including Canadian industry.
Why a C&E Association?
- The C&E Association will allow you to network with other C&E members throughout Canada. Our Association will connect through Association Chapters across Canada and with other Affiliate organizations such as the Signallers Club of Canada, the Hamilton Signals Association and others.
- The C&E Association will keep you up to date with current news and information through our website cmcen-rcmce.ca and through a periodic community-wide newsletter.
- The C&E Association offers members low auto and home insurance through TD Insurance. In keeping with CAF C&E Associations objectives of introducing value added Member Purchase Programs, we have a partnership with TD Insurance Meloche Monnex to offer members home and auto insurance at Preferred Group Rates. TD Insurance is the largest direct-response group home and automobile insurer in Canada and considered the benchmark for affinity programs. TD Insurance is part of the TD Bank Financial Group, which serves approximately 13 million clients worldwide. We hope this partnership will be a valued benefit to our members. This service is currently accessed by the Canadian Military Engineers Association, The RCAF Association and the Royal Canadian Artillery Association.
- It is also our intention to pursue other areas such as Professional Development through symposiums, publishing professional papers and articles of community interest on cmcen-rcmce.ca.
- Our Association will also have information and links to other morale and welfare programs and services such as Support Our Troops funds and a wide range of scholarships.
- Our Association will also provide assistance and information related to veterans and their families.
- Finally, our Association will generate major efforts in support of ongoing and future heritage events.
Please join us as we embark on this major effort to connect our serving and retired community to ensure that we provide the best possible support to our C&E family across Canada. Please join us by registering by going to the membership tab and filling in the necessary information. Membership is free.