Preserve our Memorials
Our memorials commemorate many of the people, places and events that define C&E history and heritage. This is a project to find our C&E memorials, world-wide, build an inventory, research their history and fund repairs. Its scope encompasses:
• monuments, cairns, plaques (e.g. Wegner Point, Vimy Gate, Blandford);
• memorial lakes, natural features, buildings (e.g. Flt Sgt Leiven, 17 Wing);
• assist unit displays (equipment, restoring vehicles, artifacts); and
• identify opportunities to create new memorials (e.g. Hill 70, Dieppe, The Netherlands).
This work also contributes to:
• ‘Graves of the Fallen’ to photograph and research C&E graves, led by Joe Costello http://www.rcsigs.ca/index.php/Graves_of_our_Fallen_Project
• C&E / RCCS Honour Roll to assist C&E Branch and RCCS offices in recognizing our heroes http://www.rcsigs.ca/index.php/Honour_Roll
This is the index of the C&E Memorials Registry, click on any entry to see its details http://www.rcsigs.ca/index.php/CandE_Memorials
Some entries are documented but others are only placeholders, help us by adding new entries or updating existing ones using this submission form http://www.rcsigs.ca/index.php/Special:Memorialregister
A memorial to commemorate the Canadians WWI action at Hill 70 was dedicated on 22 Aug 2017 http://www.rcsigs.ca/index.php/Hill_70_Memorial
Did you know that Saskatchewan’s commemorative naming program includes 34 communicators linked to names on our Honour Roll?
• We are looking for any memorials associated with the Pinetree Line http://www.c-and-e-museum.org/Pinetreeline/homepage.html ; and
• We need someone with a RCAF communications background to join our project team.
If you can help with either of these please contact Tony at firstname.lastname@example.org .