The C&E Branch Educational Bursary is offered on an annual basis to provide financial assistance for deserving candidates entering, or already enrolled into, their first programme of post-secondary education.
The competition is open only to the children and dependants of serving C&E Members (from the Regular and Reserve Force).
Academic institutions include, but are not limited:
- Colleges; and
- Technical / Vocational Schools.
The current competition entails the following bursaries, totalling $6,750.00 in educational funding:
- Officers (up to and including Lieutenant-Colonel):
- 1 x Bursary in the amount of $1,500.00; and
- 1 x Bursary in the amount of $750.00.
- Non-Commissioned Members (up to and including Master Warrant Officer):
- 2 x Bursaries of $1,500.00 each; and
- 2 x Bursaries of $750.00 each.
Notification of the open competition for each academic year shall be made known on CMCEN and – if required – via DWAN Distribution List. Elected recipients will be contacted directly (through their guardian / parent) and issued a cheque by the Branch Office. Photos and details shall be collected for the purpose of promoting the programme and recognizing each winning applicant.
Note: The Branch Office endeavors to award each grant before the commencement of the academic year. This is not always possible due to time / availability of board members, logistical considerations, and unforeseen delays in arranging / delivering each cheque.
- Branch Educational Bursary – Instruction
- Branch Educational Bursary – Application Form
- Branch Educational Bursary – Reference Letter Template
|2009||Dorothy Elizabeth Salnikov||$1,000.00|
|2009||Brittany Mary Moore||$500.00|
|2009||Alexander Neil McKenna||$500.00|
|2011||B. Gabriella Gonzalez||$1,000.00|
|2012||Rebecca L. Beaupre||$1,000.00|
|2012||Sarah Anne Charlebois||$500.00|
|2014||Ellen Elizabeth Hatt||$500.00|
|2015||Kylie Alexis Gass||$1,000.00|
|2015||Trevor Robert Marin||$500.00|
|2016||Keagan Paige MacDonald||$1,000.00|
|2016||Evan Davis Clarke||$1,000.00|
|2017||Elizabeth Anne Hall||$750.00|
|2017||Alexandra Orprecio Correa||$750.00|
|2018||Cpl Nicole Brenner-Rae||$750.00|