COMMUNICATIONS & ELECTRONICS BRANCH NCR MESS DINNER:
THURSDAY, 06 JUNE 2019 AT 1800 FOR 1900 HOURS
Distinguished members – serving and retired – of the Communications & Electronics Branch and its founding services.
The C&E Branch NCR Mess Dinner is set for Thursday, 06 June 2019 at the Army Officers’ Mess (149 Somerset West, Ottawa, Ontario).
Guests are requested to arrive at 1800 hours for a 1900 start.
The PMC is Major Nakul Nayyar, CD, RCAF who can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kindly read below for additional details and registration instructions.
Guest of Honour:
Brigadier-General Steven Moritsugu, OMM, CD, Late RCCS will serve as the Guest of Honour. You may read his retirement message here: https://cmcen-rcmce.ca/retirement-bgen-s-m-moritsugu-omm-cd-late-rccs/.
At this time, registration is open to the following:
Serving C&E Branch members – all ranks,
International military members serving in C&E positions – all ranks,
Retired C&E Branch members – all ranks,
Civilian PS members serving in C&E positions.
This year Spouses are welcome and encouraged to attend.
- Appetizer: Chef Salad
- Main Course Options:
- Option 01 … Almond-Crusted Chicken with Creamy Beurre Blanc;
- Option 02 … Roast Beef with Peppercorn Sauce; or
- Option 03 … Pasta El Fresco (Vegetarian Option).
- Starch: Roasted Red Potatoes
- Dessert: Strawberry-Rhubarb Crisp
- Alcohol: Choice of Red and White wines
- $65.00 – No Alcohol (no wines served during the meal); or
- $80.00 – Alcohol Served (wines and port served during the meal).
- Number 2 (Mess Dress);
- Number 2B (DEU with white dress shirt, bow tie, undress ribbons, and no name tag); or
- Formal Suit or Evening Gown (Mess Kit equivalent) for retired members and invited civilian guests.
This year marks the 75th Anniversary of D-Day: the largest seaborne invasion in world history. The Normandy landings commenced with a campaign to liberate Nazi-occupied France, and subsequently laid the foundation for Allied victory on the Western Front. The C&E Mess Dinner will focus on a D-Day theme to align with commemorations and ceremonies unfolding across Canada and abroad. As we dine, we will remember that exactly 75 years ago – on the 6th of June, 1944 – over 156,000 allied soldiers united in a pivotal moment in our history that marked the end of the Thousand-Year Reich.
(Registration cut-off is Friday, 31 May 2019)